Saturday, May 8, 2010

Designer of the day: Christina Murphy

Usually when I am looking to feature a new designer in my 'Designer of the day post' I always try a find ones that I really really adore. But its not always that easy to fall in love with every one, so I get so excited when I  find designers that really jump out at me. When I was looking through Christina Murphy's portfolio there were so many interiors that were beautiful that it was  hard to choose which ones to post! Christina has been named as one of America's 'Top 100 Designers' by House Beautiful and has been featured on 'The View' and in magazines like House Beautiful, Lucky magazine, In Style Home and The New York Times.  I love the bright colours and dramatic patterns that Christina uses in her interiors. How amazing is the blue above. The glossy walls also add a dramatic touch too. (speaking of....what do you think about the glossy wall look?). Christina has used high gloss in a few of her rooms and I think it works really well. You can check out more of her portfolio to see more of her work. Oh and do do these images justice click to enlarge.



























3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i love these!! i love the 1st couple wall colors the best, these are sooo nice!!
    love your blog btw :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for introducing me to her portfolio. She truly is talented and I love so many things about her design work!

    Have a great day!
    Crystal

    P.S. So excited you're coming to Chicago! I'll definitely send you an email with some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that kitchen floor. i'm digging her use of graphics! xo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, You have made my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails