Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beachy Keen.

I recently found these relaxing interiors that reminded me of being on holiday, somewhere you could put your feet up, relax and read a book (or blog). They are casual and chic and very me. I love it when living spaces feel warm and cozy. I have also always wanted a home that my visitors feel at home and relaxed in. I would hate to have a home that people feel as though they cant touch anything because its all to precious. I think all of these interiors would definitely fit the relaxed criteria. What do you think?
(Above) I love the candles filled with shells, the cute numbered cushions and the huge table for entertaining looking out at the fantastic view.

How adorable are these assorted cushions. Love the massive sofa to lay down on, the blue hydrangeas, the mosaic tiled coffee table, the bright blue rug ......and the view of course.

This kitchen looks like one I could entertain in! Its the same shape as the one I have in my home and it works so well in an open plan living room. The rugs add a natural, homely element to the room and the lamp shades soften the room by adding a warmer colour to the dark brown rugs and kitchen benches.

This space is very simple and serene. I love the soft colours with the pops of red in the cushions. Ohhh and that view!!!

What a good idea to put a selection of mirrors on the wall. It opens up the space but it also looks like art rather than just a mirror. I love the simple and relaxed feel this space has.

I am often drawn to these simple images for some reason. The coffee table made out of a tree stump is a great idea, it adds earthiness to the room. The large rug helps define the space and also adds a soft natural element. The chair arrangement is very communal and is great for creating great conversation, while sitting back and enjoying that lovely view. (and maybe a glass of vino!)

Images via Coastal Living

2 comments:

  1. I really like the last bedroom. The colors are so refreshing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love each and every image especially the ones with the ocean view, be still myheart,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, You have made my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails